Through decades of experience Elizabeth has developed proficiency in the use of numerous materials and coatings for the purpose of enhancing compression efficiency and extending tooling useful life. Elizabeth technical staff will consult with you to discuss trade-offs between various materials and coatings not only considering material properties, but also the impacts to your tableting operation. Equally important are Elizabeth’s manufacturing capabilities that enable an effective integration of disimilar materials into a single robust punch or die design.
Common Examples Include:
- Tungsten Carbide: An extremely hard material provides 3-10X life improvement as compared to standard materials for highly abrasive formulations.
- 440C: High Chromium content stainless steel that resist oxidation for use in very humid environments and / or washable tablet presses.
- Chrome Plating: Surface application which provides corrosion resistance in humid applications as well as lubricity to reduce sticking of powder to punch or die surfaces.
- Titanium Nitride Coating (TiN): Surface application which provides improved wear and corrosion resistance.
- Chromium Nitride Coating (CrN): Surface application which provides improves resistance to punch or die wear, corrosion, or sticking of powder.